Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Best Guacamole

I love guacamole. It's creamy, it's tangy, it's really the bee's knees. At least once a week, I make a Mexican inspired dinner with spicy black beans, some spicy lime chicken for Matt, homemade salsa, cilantro lime brown rice and guac. Over the past months, I have really perfected my guacamole recipe which is super simple and just the way I like it. I think what makes it so good is my find of Gourmet Garden's Cilantro Herb Blend. Fresh herbs go bad quickly and I was not given a green thumb, so my attempts at herb gardens have fallen short time and time again, but GG's cilantro in a tube is amazing. You get that fresh cilantro taste without the hassle of picking out the good piece of cilantro from the wilted gross ones. So, here we go.

Classy Bones Guacamole

Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe avocados, roughly chopped
  • half a lime
  • sea salt
  • fresh ground pepper
  • dollop of Gourmet Garden's Cilantro or a handful of fresh cilantro roughly chopped. 
  • 1/4 red onion finely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions: 

  1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except lime. With the backside of a large spoon, mash avocado and fold ingredients together until mixture is well combined and at desired texture. 
  2. Squeeze juice of half a lime onto you guacamole. Mix once or twice. 
  3. If you are pre-making your guacamole ahead of time, squeeze extra lime juice on top, do not mix and put in fridge covered to prevent browning. 
Enjoy and stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment