Saturday, March 23, 2013

Clinton Kelly's Polka Dots

I have a confession to make. I love ABC's The Chew. Okay. Maybe love is a strong word but there's food and drink, crafts, fashion and loads of tips for home and garden so it is right up my alley. There is a segment they do on the show called "Clinton's Craft Corner" where he makes the most adorable crafts for not a lot of money. First of all, I love Clinton Kelly. Secondly, I love cheap craft projects. And lastly, but mostly importantly, I love polka dots. So on my snow day off this week, I gave it a whirl and I am in love with the finished product.

Polka Dot Glassware


Things You'll Need: 

  • Acrylic Paint
  • A Pencil with an unused flat eraser
  • Glassware

What to do:

  1. Take your acrylic paint and lay out the colors you want to use on a paper plate or excess cardboard. 
  2. Dip your eraser into the paint and gently remove any excess. 
  3. Carefully push eraser onto glass and remove eraser by pulling straight out rather than at an angle (this will allow you to have perfect circles). 
  4. Repeat and create your own designs. 
  5. Set oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and bake glasses to set paint. 
  6. To watch Clinton Kelly show you how to do this pretty craft, click here.  
Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment