Thursday, March 14, 2013

Coconut Macaroons

I love these cookies. They are sticky and sweet and crunchy; overall goodness in my tummy. My brother, Tyler, always asks for these whenever I come down to visit my family in Delaware. They come out tender and chewy and the plus side is that they are gluten free!

Coconut Macaroons


Ingredients: 

  • 1 14 oz package of sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Pinch of salt

Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F and set trays to highest 1/3 of oven. 
  2. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl. Stir until well combined. 
  3. Butter your cookie pan or use a Slipat. 
  4. Spoon out well rounded dollops of coconut mixture onto pan and smoosh down. 
  5. Cook for 20 minutes in upper 1/3 of oven. Move down lower level if tops brown quickly so they will cook evenly. 
  6. Once done, let cool and the cookies should just slide or pull off easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment