Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

One night I was wandering through the interwebs and saw this tortellini soup recipe and thought "I want to take a bath in this thang." When I looked at the recipe I realized I had to make some changes and try it out different ways. The first time I made this, it did not come out so well and Matt and I struggled to finish our servings. (Don't get me wrong, we finished.) This is an updated recipe that I made recently and it came out amazing. The biggest tip I can give is use a tortellini or ravioli that you like the most. Don't go too fancy or too different. I realized I don't really like tortellini that much so I got my favorite spinach and cheese ravioli. Enjoy (:

Creamy Tomato Ravioli Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 2 tbsp EV Olive Oil
  • 2 cans condensed tomato soup
  • 2 cups Nonfat milk
  • 2 cups Veggie broth (or any stock you want)
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning (Don't afraid to be heavy handed with this)
  • Red pepper flakes (optional)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 9oz package of your favorite tortellini or ravioli

Directions:

  1. In a large pot or stock pot, saute garlic in olive oil. 
  2. Add tomato soup, milk, stock and all spices.
  3. Bring to a simmer. 
  4. Add tortellini/ravioli once simmering and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. 
  5. Once tortellini/ravioli is finished, serve and enjoy. 
Update: This soup made it onto the My Bites page on ABC's The Chew. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment