Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Iced Vanilla Latte

I am trying to do this whole diet thing and lose some weight for the 3 or so weddings that I will be attending coming up in 2013.  I have gotten into the routine of making this delectable drink when I come home from work, when my snack cravings (aka stress eating) is strongest and when I need a kick in the butt to get going. It has the sugar fix I need and all that nonfat organic milk is not only delicious and filling but packed with all sorts of good nutrients.

Iced Vanilla Latte

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Nonfat milk (Cow, Almond, Soy whatevs)
  • 3 fl oz Espresso
  • Vanilla Syrup (You can buy this at Starbucks but also on Amazon)
  • 3 ice cubes

Directions:

  1. First take a glass and shoot 1 to 2 squirts of syrup in the bottom. I like Amoretti because it is only 32 calories and I like my lattes minimally sweet. 
  2. Prepare your espresso. You can use an espresso machine or an espresso pot. Coffee doesn't work that well and it wouldn't be a latte anymore, it'd be an iced coffee with milk, you silly goose.
  3. Immediately pour 2 shots of espresso into the bottom of your glass and swirl with syrup until dissolved. 
  4. Add ice cubes and fill with milk. 
  5. Sip and enjoy (:

No comments:

Post a Comment