Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easy Sunday Gravy

I love a good Sunday Gravy like the next Italian American but it definitely takes some time, effort and love. I created this recipe while visiting my parents. My dad forgot to pick up some tomato sauce and needed some pronto. I whipped up this deliciousness and figured I'd share it. It still has plenty love but just missing some time and effort.

Easy Sunday Gravy

Ingredients:

  • 1 can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (I like Del Monte)
  • Olive Oil 
  • 1 tsp minced garlic 
  • A good amount of Italian seasoning
  • A few cranks of fresh ground pepper
  • A hefty pinch of crushed red pepper
  • 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

  1. In a small/medium saucepan, heat about 1 to 2 tbsp Olive Oil and warm garlic (make sure it doesn't burn or brown). 
  2. Add can of diced tomatoes to sauce pan. 
  3. Stir in seasoning, pepper and cheese. 
  4. Heat slowly and stir until tomato mixture starts to bubble. 
  5. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend tomato chunks thoroughly. 
  6. Place mixture back on stove on low heat and serve when ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment