Friday, August 9, 2013

Classy Chicken Meatballs

My boyfriend Matt absolutely loves these chicken meatballs and whenever ground chicken is on sale, he will buy pounds of ground chicken specifically for me to make him this recipe. I will be honest, I do not really measure my spices while cooking and usually I will throw in whatever we have laying around so each recipe is slightly different but equally as good. 

Classy Chicken Meatballs 

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 1 egg
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Hefty heaping of Italian Spices
  • Garlic and Onion Powder
  • 1/4 cup Italian Cheese (I like using Asiago or Parmasean)
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (You need enough until mixture comes together, may not need all of it)


Directions:

1. Completely defrost chicken and season with italian seasoning, garlic, onion, pepper and salt. Add egg and half of breadcrumbs. 


2. Mix all ingredients until well-combined. If it is still wet, add more breadcrumbs and mix again. Wet hands and roll into 1 to 2 inch balls. Heat a large skillet with some olive oil.

3. Add meatballs to skillet and brown evenly. Once evenly browned, add your favorite tomato sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. I like to throw in chunks of fresh mozzarella so they get all melty and gooey and delicious. Throw in with your favorite spaghetti and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment